We have designed these policies in order to give you the best possible membership experience, and to allow us to efficiently and effectively administer all of your memberships with our awesome but tiny office staff! We think these policies are fair, and we will try to always be fair and treat you right. If you think something isn’t fair, please come and argue with us about it, but don’t say we didn’t warn you.
These policies supercede all previous policies and apply to all clients. We reserve the right to update these policies at any time. The term “membership” includes all CrossFit, as well as any other group class membership we offer. The term “private training session” includes all individual private training, Private On Ramp, Semi-Private On Ramp, Intro to Powerlifting, and Intro to Olympic Weightlifting sessions, in addition to any other private or semi-private session we offer.
All memberships and private training sessions
- All memberships and private training sessions are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-transferrable. Just like plane tickets.
- All non-contract memberships and private training sessions must be paid in advance and in full. The first full month of contract memberships must be paid in advance and in full.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes and private training sessions at any time to accommodate holidays, special events, or whims of the Owners. No refunds or credit will be granted due to schedule changes.
- We don’t think this will happen much, but just in case, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse you entry to class if you turn up more than 5 minutes late.
- Cancel your private training session if you turn up more than 15 minutes late (making the session subject to our cancellation policies as detailed below.)
- Kick you out of class if you are a pain in the ass*.
- Terminate your membership or private training sessions at any time if you are a serial pain in the ass*. Should it come to this, we will refund you the pro-rated balance on your membership or private training sessions.
- All memberships are subject to the following rules and limitations:
- You must sign in to EVERY class you attend.
- If you are unable to sign into class, you must alert the front desk staff immediately so that your issues may be resolved.
- No workouts outside class.
- You should review, understand, and adhere to the House Rules.
* Determination of what constitutes a pain in the ass is at the discretion of the Owners and coaches. We are reasonable people, and we would only make this determination if you have driven us to the EDGE.
Billing, Auto-Renewal & Expiration Dates
- Memberships begin on the date you sign up.
- Monthly membership renew on the same day of the month as your sign-up date (i.e. if you sign up on the 11th, you’ll be billed each month on the 11th.)
- For memberships where this is relevant, the week is Monday-Sunday.
- All memberships will auto-renew unless you have specifically arranged with us to terminate your membership after a specific period of time.
- 10 session punch cards expire 3 months after purchase, 20 session punch cards 6 months.
- Failure to attend class does not relieve you of the obligation to pay for your membership.
- Contract memberships are a commitment to 6 or 12 months of membership. You will be billed six or twelve times monthly.
Past Due Payments / What Happens If Your Card Doesn’t Go Through
- We understand that cards are often lost or stolen or expire, and a charge will sometimes be declined. We ask that in this case, you provide us with updated billing information in a timely manner, which we define as within two weeks. Should your requested payment method fail, and should you fail to specify a replacement method within two weeks, we reserve the right to charge any other payment method for you that we have on file.
- Payments more than two weeks past due will be subject to a $20 administrative fee.
- Should payment be made more than two weeks late 3 or more times, we will send Black Powder CrossFit’s official Eric Townsley to hunt you down. And also if you have a contract membership, you will have to pay the balance of the contract up front in order to continue.
Non-grandfathered memberships may be temporarily placed on hold. This is a courtesy to accommodate the occasional vacation, illness, or injury. If you’re not sure what your schedule will be, please purchase a class card instead of a monthly membership. Grandfathered memberships cannot be placed on hold. To place a membership on hold, please e-mail Brittney@blackpowdercrossfit.com with your requested hold dates and a confirmation that you understand the following hold conditions:
- The minimum hold period is two weeks.
- The maximum hold period is 3 months.
- An administrative hold fee of $50 will be assessed at the start of each hold period.
- Once 3 months of hold has been reached, the membership must either be reactivated, or it will be dropped and any remaining credit will be forfeited. If we do not hear from you regarding what you would like to do with your membership, it will be dropped and any remaining credit will be forfeited.
- Extensions of an existing hold will be treated for administrative purposes as an additional hold. Holds may be terminated early at any time.
- There are no retroactive holds: you must let us know in advance if you wish to place your membership on hold.
- Upon expiration of the hold, the member’s account will automatically become active, and payments will resume.
- Non-contract memberships:Non-contract memberships may be cancelled upon expiration of their term (e.g. after the month is up) with no penalty. To ensure you won’t be charged, please make sure to submit your cancellation request at least 5 days prior to your renewal date. To cancel a non-contract membership, please e-mail Brittney@blackpowdercrossfit.com with your requested termination date.
- Contract memberships: 6 and 12 month memberships, Wellspan and 1st responder discounts have a non-refundable sign-up fee due at time of sign-up along with 1st months membership dues. 12- $165, 6- $130, Wellspan & 1st Responder- $165. We will allow you to cancel your contract for any reason. To cancel a membership, e-mail email@example.com with your requested within 30 days of termination date and a confirmation that you understand that you will not be refunded the sign-up fee. **You can forgo the contract sign-up fee if membership is paid in full at sign-up.